Ten hectic days ahead of me, so just in case I don't get something proper blogged about Cosi as soon as I'd like to, here's the usual set of bullet points.
- The production is fabulous. Funny, touching and just thoroughly enjoyable. And I suspect, sweeter and less shocking than we might have been expecting.
- Nothing can stop Cosi feeling like a long, long opera, but Jim Sharman has made sure these are three hours well spent.
- I think this is the best performance I've ever heard or seen from Henry Choo.
- Sian Pendry is hilarious.
- Huge kudos to Rachelle Durkin for a beautiful and brave "Per pieta".
- Fun to see Tiffany Speight get her equivalent of Yvonne Kenny's milk bath moment.
- Shane Lowrencev and José Carbo should maybe, vocally speaking, have been cast the other way round, but they're both great just the same. Especially Jose.
- Well done Simon Hewett and orchestra for proving, after Zauberflöte, that the AOBO can do Mozart after all.
- Prepare for confetti.